Stay up-to-date on the latest MauiWine news
2nd Annual Holiday Tree Lighting
Saturday, December 12
4:00 – 8:15 p.m.
Lighting just after sunset, around 6:15
On December 12, residents and visitors are invited to celebrate the holidays with family and friends at the second annual holiday tree lighting on the grounds of MauiWine at Ulupalakua Ranch. The lush and tall pine trees combined with that holiday “chill in the air” makes upcountry the perfect location to bundle-up and celebrate the holiday season.
Admission is free but attendees are requested to bring a can of non-perishable food as a donation to the Maui Food Bank. The holiday festivities is guaranteed to be a memorable experience with plenty of activities to enjoy including:
• Lighting of a 25-foot Monterey pine holiday-decorated tree from Kula Botanical Gardens.
• Blessing by Gordean Bailey, kumu hula from Kula, and a hula performance from halau Wehiwehi o Leilehua.
• Bud Break to Tank: A Walk through the 2015 vintage with winemaker Brett Miller, in the Old Jail. Reservations Required. MORE INFO
• Live music entertainment by Derick Sebastian.
• Movie under the stars. Elf, the holiday comedy, will be the free, featured film.
• Family and keiki photos in front of holiday tree
• Holiday crafts and activities for keiki
• Sparkling toasts and tastings of MauiWine’s estate exclusive Ulupalakua Vineyards estate-grown wines.
• Warm holiday beverages, and holiday comfort food by Ulupalakua Ranch Store & Grill
The event starts at 4:00 p.m. with the blessing and lighting of the holiday tree after sunset followed by a movie under the stars. The movie will be showcased on MauiWine’s outdoor pavilion; visitors are encouraged to bring blankets and low-back lawn chairs.