Hospitality Team Member
Email us your resume and tell us why you feel you are a good candidate! Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Maui Wine, Ltd. has been a part of the Upcountry landscape for nearly 50 years. We are farmers, winemakers, stewards, storytellers, and gracious hosts to our local community and island visitors. Joining Maui Wine is joining a small community of passionate people who take pride in coming to work here each day.
The Hospitality Team Member role is a multi-faceted position that requires high energy, a passion for hospitality, and enthusiasm for grape growing and winemaking. This position is suited for someone who thrives in a team environment and is comfortable with both taking initiative and following direction within a cohesive team. Success in this role will come to those who take ownership and pride in creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Serving: Provides personalized table service at our King’s Cottage Tasting Room with high-level guest interaction. Educate guest on the different styles of wine we produce, guides guest on wine options for tasting and assists with bottle purchases to include merchandise purchases
● Bartending: Preparing orders that have been placed by the guest to include wine flights, food orders, and wine by the glass
● Historical Walking Tour Guide: Enhances the guest experience by sharing the history and significance of our property, historical landmarks, and information on our operations
● Assists host with greeting and seating guests as they arrive.
● Welcomes Wine Club members and VIP’s. Assist with new Wine Club membership enrollments
● Assists with dishwashing, refilling water bottles, and restocking of food items as needed
● Assisting guests with retail merchandise and wine purchases to include wine shipments.
● Food preparation as needed following the Department of Health Food Safety Guidelines
● Cleaning and disinfecting. Bussing and resetting tables
● Engages with guests who are viewing and purchasing retail items. Restocking merchandise and wine bottles as needed
● Utilizes a POS system to complete transactions with guests. Inputs food orders and retail items being purchased. Compiles wine orders for guests on property so they are ready for checkout. Enters complete guest information with email addresses and applying proper discounts. Protects the confidentiality of guest payment information
● Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
● High School Diploma, GED or related
● Minimum of 2 years Customer service-related/Hospitality experience
● Minimum of 2 years bartending and/or serving experience preferred
● POS/cash handling experience preferred
● Understanding of Maui County liquor license and Department of Health Food Safety rules
Skills and Qualifications:
● Must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid Liquor Certification Card and current Food Handlers Safety Certificate
● Ability to interact with guest and engage them in conversation
● Ability to maintain a positive professional appearance and demeanor. Maintaining a respectful, supportive, and positive attitude toward all coworkers, supervisors, and guests
● Reports to all shifts as scheduled, prepared to work, and stay focused
● Ability to learn and retain thorough knowledge of hospitality roles, Maui Wine history, values, and wines, specialty drinks and food, sales techniques, and POS systems
● Obtains valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
● Must pass a routine background check
● Ability to physically lift 50lbs and able to stock merchandise and wine.
● Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Maui Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Maui Wine does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law