Recipe: Mixed Berry Sauce with Lehua
MIXED BERRY SAUCE RECIPE
Made with Lehua raspberry dessert wine.
A delicious dessert topping for cakes, cheesecakes, and ice cream.
Recipe created by Jacqueline Perry of Rustic Roses Maui Cakes.
follow @rusticrosesmauicakes on Instagram
8 oz. ripe raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries (or a combination)
½ cup water
2-3 tablespoons cornstarch (3 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
3 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup MauiWine lehua raspberry dessert wine
1. Add berries, ½ cup of water, and 3 tablespoons of sugar to a medium saucepan and simmer over low heat for five minutes, or until berries are soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Pour cooled berry mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until berries are very smooth, about one minute.
3. Remove sauce and gently push the puree through a sieve. Discard berry seeds. Return berry puree to the saucepan.
4. Remove 3 tablespoons of puree and place in a small mixing bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch, and with a small whisk or fork, stir vigorously until cornstarch has dissolved. Add this mixture back into the saucepan.
5. Stir cornstarch mixture into berry puree and simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, a few minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Add ¼ cup of Lehua and stir. Pour berry sauce into a glass jar and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Pour berry sauce over cakes, cheesecakes, or ice cream for a delicious topping.